AFTERCARE FOR TATTOOS
+ HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR NEW INK:
- Leave the second skin on for the next 3-5 days. 3 days minimum, 5 days max. If you find the second skin irritates your skin then feel free to take it off sooner.
- BEST way to peel off the second skin is to do so under lukewarm water. Peel in one direction in a pulling motion (like a command stripe from off the wall). DO NOT rip it off like a bandaid, video attached below to see example).
- Cleanse twice daily very gently with an unscented, antibacterial soap/cleanser for the next 3 following days after peeling off second skin, follow up with an unscented moisturizer. Cetaphil or CeraVe is great as a cleanser and non-scent4ed moisturizer.
- Once completely healed (4-6 weeks to be fully healed), apply SPF to help protect your new ink! Moisturize daily to help upkeep with vibrancy of the tattoo.
- Need a touchup? Email the artist and we will get you in as soon as possible, no need to wait until our books reopen. There will be a $25 - $50 touchup fee depending on how minor
+ THINGS TO AVOID DURING HEALING PROCESS:
- Avoid pools of water or being submerged in water for too long for the next 4 weeks to avoid infections; ex, swimming, hot tubs, ocean, lakes etc. When showering, be extra careful and gentle with your new ink (try not to exfoliate or scrub off the scabs). Pat to dry with a clean paper towel, NOT A TOWEL (they have bacteria). Do not rub!
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, body exfoliations for the next 4 weeks.
- Avoid any physical activities that may cause you to excessively sweat during the healing process for the next 72 hrs (this includes hot yoga, saunas, hot saunas etc). Salt in the sweat and bacteria from the gym can cause an infection of your tattoo and interfere with the healing process. MODERATE exercise is fine.
- Avoid scented chemicals, sunscreen on the new tattoo for the next 4 weeks of the tattoo.